The Snowy Day
by Ezra Keats
Another fun week filled with LOTS of snow fun!
Our little one, daughter age 3 – (ACK almost 4 in less than two weeks–bittersweet for this mama’s heart!) had a lot of fun learning with B4FI♥R lessons for The Snowy Day!
I loved the simplicity of conversational lessons. Little ones have so much insight when we just talk and listen to them.
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.“
I loved this verse application! Perfect for our beginning of Before Five in a Row –
“The concept of making the most of each day and not missing any of the wonders and activities, as well as living carefully in the ways of the Lord.”
Highlights from our week:
Snow dough! (2 containers cornstarch to 1 shaving cream)
Finding “S” for Snow — I was really surprised how easy this was for her!
Animal tracks in glittery playdoh!
A nice warm bath with snowballs! (ping pong balls covered in shaving cream)
and thoughts and thoughts of our snowy adventures!
RED light, GREEN light, YELLOW light!
A fun physical education activity . . . memories of my childhood on the playground.
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs — our book fun!
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost — our book fun!
- Animal Tracks in the Snow! (playdoh)
- Cause & Effect Snowy Day (sooo cute and FREE!)
- Snowball Bath Time
- Fold & Learn from Five in a Row (Now FREE if you subscribe!)
- Printable lapbooking: Homeschool Share & Homeschool Creations
- Delightful Learning — This site is wonderful for ideas.
- Art project adapted from Deep Space Sparkle
Our Go-Along Books:
The resources shared are NOT to replace the Five in a Row manuals. The manuals are a key element in the curriculum and offer far more information than any photo or words that I share about on my blog. There are so many priceless discussions that are inspired from the manual that just are not captured or portrayed in a recap of our “rowing” experience.